Friday, June 3, 2011

Hold On

My Senior year of High School I needed a quote to go in the yearbook next to my photo. After searching and thinking for a while I came across a quote by Franklin D. Roosevelt that stuck with me.
"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"
When thought about physically, it sounds impossible. I imagine holding on for dear life, not having enough rope to somehow magically tie a knot and "hold on." Just thinking about it makes me tired!

But when thought about spiritually it brings a whole new meaning. The rope once a burdensome thing I have to hold on to is now my faith and my testimony. When I think I am at the end and there is NO possible way I can go any further some how I am able to tie a knot and "hold on". I've come to realize that is doesn't "magically" or "somehow" just happen. It happens
because Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father are REAL. They know me (and you) and love me (and you). They know how much rope I really have left. They will never let me fall unless I choose to do so. I know the Atonement of Jesus Christ is REAL. He came to earth, paid the price not only for my sins but for yours as well. And because of that, He KNOWS how I feel. He KNOWS what I'm going through. He has felt my worse and has felt my best, and because of Christ and His Atonement we can all return to live with Heavenly Father and our families for eternity if when what seems impossible, exercise faith, tie a knot and hold on.

No comments:

Post a Comment