Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Slippery Roads

A couple weeks ago I learned a very valuable lesson... The once snow packed roads had just turned into ice packed roads. Sister Buchanan and I were driving down the road when all of a sudden our truck started to fishtail. By the time we were done sliding we had done a complete180 degree turn. We were on the other side of the road facing the direction we had just come.After a few wide eyed looks, big breaths, and a "thank you!" to Heavenly Father we took off again. We had only gone a block down the road when we started sliding and completed another 180 degree turn! All I could think is "what is going on! and get me out of this truck!"  That night we got a couple inches of fresh snow. I was excited- thinking it would help give some traction. We were walking down the street and all of a sudden the next thing I knew I was on my back laying in the cold wet snow. The roads were wet and icy with a layer of snow on them which made it very dangerous. I found I couldn't see what was underneath me to tell me where to walk. Needless to say I fell a couple times that day. By the time I was laying in bed that night my body ached as I thought about what had taken place over the last couple days. The snow covered the slippery ice so you couldn't tell where it was safe to walk... Just like Satan covers things that are harmful, making them look okay and not that bad. When really what is underneath is INEVITABLE to MAKE you fall. Not just slip with a few close calls but laying in the cold snow with the wind knocked out of you wondering, "What just happened!" When we don't fix those falls right away we end up on the other side of the road facing the direction we just came. Feeling either scared, abandoned, angry or frustrated.
   I know we have a loving Heavenly Father who has provided a perfect path to follow. Doesn't mean there won't be times we slip and fall, but that we get up, brush ourselves off and learn from the past.

1 comment:

  1. What a great story! It's true! Through Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father has provided a way for us. Thanks for sharing that story Sister Mace.

    ReplyDelete